Monday, August 25, 2008

Butterfly House







This is the Butterfly House. I made it for a dear, dear firend.
So it is not going to be for sale. But I will make another.
Just a little info. This is painted with Kilz and than it has a
clear coat on top so that it can sit outside all year long.
It is handpainted and no stencils were used. This has been
my favorite so far. It took me a week. And I have
loved to see it come to an end. They say when you start
creating your own artwork it is hard to sell some of your
pieces. I'm so glad this is going to my great friend
so I can still see it all the time.



2 comments:

Jess said...

it's beautiful! what a lucky friend you have. I understand what you mean, I feel that way about the quilts I make. I would much rather give them as a gift to a friend or family member after all the time I spend on them. Then I know they are really appreciated.

Becky said...

Wow! That is absolutely amazing! I Love it. You have a very lucky friend to receive such a wonderful work of art.