Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SUMMER SUMMER SUMMERTIME

I know some Mom's are not looking forward to summer. But I am. Jack and I go to the pool at least three times a week. And Jack plays outside all day and falls asleep early. But he has so much fun. Our little town has "picnic in the park" once a week during the summer, with local bands playing bluegrass. Than of course you have the county fairs and rodeos. And Jack plays t-ball, next year he'll be in rookies. I know some of you city folk are thinking I've been in Kansas to long. But it really is a lot of fun. Plus I love being outside.

2 comments:

Christy said...

It's nice to hear you say you enjoy it out here! Some people are so negative about small town life and like you, we love it! The girls both play softball-this year they should be on the same team so 2 nights a week instead of 4 nights a week like the last 2 years!! Do you ever go to Oakley to their pool? When is school out for Jack? The girls were done at noon today!!

Jess said...

I love summer! I cannot wait for the sleeping in days, the sprinkler under the trampoline, eating outside, playing at the park, riding bikes, and just not having to be anywhere at all. I'm always sad when we have to go back (and since I work at the school now, I really mean we when I say we have to go back). Even though we are now in the city, we still do small town things. I'm a small town girl through and through. Although I do like the shopping in the city.....